Elder and Sister Buhrmester

Elder and Sister Buhrmester
Elder and Sister Buhrmester Ready to go

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3rd Week events

Today was our first day to deliver meals on wheels by ourselves. We did OK, I think. It took two hours starting with assembly of the lunches and then delivery. The old Caddy pulled a trick on me. I set the emergency brake to get out and when I tried to release it it wouldn't give. I tried and tried but no luck. I thought we were doomed with almost all the lunches left to deliver. I called Dave for help. He called back and said that the mechanic was not available to come but that he had said a prayer that all would be ok. Guess what, I reached down in front the the brake pedal and found an emergency release tucked up under the dash. The brake pedal mechanism snapped back and stung my hand but we were free to go again. So we did.

I'm thinking Dave's little prayer may have had something to do with my discovery of the emergency release.

No comments:

Post a Comment